Thursday, January 13, 2011

The young Mavericks

This post is dedicated to the young mavericks who worked in my office.A footballing genius,The Duke of Shine, and of  course Movie Star, Hero, Superstar, Superman, and The Sarcasm King(All of them refer to the same person). Jokes apart, I got to learn a lot from all of them.So I would dedicate this blog to my awesome friends!!!!!

 
The picture says it all.


My friend, philosopher and guide.





I know everything, and my name is Always MR Right.       



The footballing genius taught me to change things that I can and not to worry about things which were way beyond my control. He was the main reason that I stopped feeling sorry for myself. He spoke less but he had a way with his words. He always managed to get the message across. What would take someone many hours to explain would be done by him in a matter of seconds.And the best part was , he never made a big deal out of it. For him, it did not matter who you were or who you would become as long as you could get along and have fun. Irrespective of what he says, he always placed his friends over his job and money.

Famous lines:
 
" Arre paanch minute main pahunchta hoon, bas paanch minute. "

"Arre yahin aage hai."

"Chehra gulabi.... and  Gulabi aankhen jo teri dekhi sharabi ye dil ho gaya"



The Duke of Shine is actually the Duke of awesomeness. If you wanted to have a great time , all you needed to do was hang out with him.No matter what the situation is,  he always finds a way to infuse humor into it. If you are feeling down and out, he is the guy to hang out with, makes sure you have a smile on your face. Even the lamest of jokes become cool when he says it. I guess there are advantages to being a duke. Jack of all and the master of all. Never ,ever gets tensed, and even if he does it lasts for five minutes. I got a chance to look at things from a different perspective and thanks to him , I came to know who Bill Hicks and George Carlyn are. Helped me in realizing the importance of having an open mind .Biggest lesson that I learned from him is to know the people who are really important in your life and to know your own limitations before you heed anyone's advice. And yes, the harsh fact that  NOBODY gives a flying fuck about you.

Famous lines: 
"Fitting pe duniya kayam hai" 

 "kal aao"

 "Company ka director hai toh kya hua, Ramgopal Verma bhi director hai, Bindaas jaa" 

"Baa aur Bantai"





I know everything, and my name is always MR Right is , I hate to admit most of the times right.
He does shed tears at the drop of a hat, but that is because he actually cares. He is the youngest in the group and the most pampered of the lot, but this article is being written thanks to him. It is true that people who are younger than you are can teach you a lot.This guy is a perfect example of that. I was sure that the only way to be happy is to be free from all wishes. But thanks to this guy I realized that being free from all wishes is also a wish. If you always control yourself, and never let your true feelings show, or if there is no one in front of whom you can be yourself, you yourself don't know what you have turned into. I used to think that the only way by which I can always be happy  is by not allowing anything or anyone affect me. Being in a crowd or a party but not actually being there, as in physically I am here but mentally I am somewhere else. I am not living, I am just pretending or existing. And what is the point of living as if you are dead. Go out there, if you are hurt, it doesn't matter if you get hurt again. Just place yourself out there.The only thing that you'll regret is not having done that when you had the opportunity. Be yourself, and do not be afraid or embarrassed about it.

Famous lines:
"Love is not a feeling, it is an ability"

"Chandler Bing's lines" 


"Chinawale ko phone karke bol chinese leke aa"

"Haan haan bas haan ,very funny"


"Arre pammy tu sarcastic nahi, slapstick hai"


Moments cherished:

Trip to Lonavala

Eating a sandwich at subway with The DUKE and MR RIGHT

Watching a movie in drunken haze

The outings at Ambika and Poptates

Priceless moments outside HDFC

Well, I have nothing else to say , except am thankful that I  have you guys in my life.












1 comment:

  1. Pammy... Bhosdike merese foto maang leta Becks ki achi wali.. :p
    Good farewell speak thou.. n Tariq is touched (by u)

    ReplyDelete