Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The last days of my first job

My last day in the office will be a week from now.If I could go back in time and get a chance to change anything , my first job is definitely one thing that I would not change.It helped me to come out of my shell , the wall that I had built around myself.It also made me realize that out of the all the problems or things that I am scared of, 99% of them never actually happen.I guess I was always an approachable guy, and no matter what anyone says I still believe from the bottom of my heart that I am an INTROVERT. The only reason I gel well with people is cause I am honest with my feelings.I call an apple an apple and not a peach just to make the other person happy.After four years in la la land, I thought I knew everything and that the world revolved around me.
I was wrong and am really happy that I realized this when I could do something about it.I learned  a lot and made friends. Not acquaintances, but friends.

But more than that , I am thankful to my friends from yanking me out of a stupid fitness regime and the belief that I had to be the best in whatever I do.Go with the flow is my new motto.
The things I learnt at the office were as follows:

1)Never and when I say never , I actually mean never ever tell your boss what you really think.



2)Some people are born whiners, some actually derive pleasure from whining (personal experience) irrespective of what the other person feels.

Yes, this one is currently working here.










Hope someone gets the message.


3)Some of them try to be proper all the time, and majority of the times fall flat on their face.

I am a hero.

My (IN)famous dance.



4)Neither panicking nor worrying helps.

I get a promotion.

What if she gets serious and asks for a commitment?


5)It is very easy to get affected or to remain aloof all by yourself, striking a perfect balance is what needs to be done.



People are not as bad as you think.

Everybody needs a shoulder to cry on sometimes.





6)Don't fix anything unless your boss asks you to do so.

Yes boss, it does not need to be fixed.



Very true.



7)Never complete your work before time or exceed your targets.(It gives your supervisors a concrete reason to bog you down with more work).



If you do not heed the above advice, this will be you.

8)It is not your aptitude nor your attitude that determines your altitude.As a matter of fact, it is your proximity with your boss that determines your altitude.

 Sir, you are a genius.



 9)Always tell the other person what they want to hear and not your personal opinion.(Keep your personal opinions to yourself).




This is what you tell the person.


This is what you actually feel about the other person.

10)Act dumb, as it allows the other person to be himself/herself. The minute they perceive you as competition , the entire dynamics change.(Tried and tested method).Also the other person willingly does your work.
A living example is writing this blog.




The things I learnt from my friends are as follows:
1)Don't worry, be happy.What has to happen will happen, so don't fret over it.



Always look on the bright side of life.








2)Be yourself.














3)Life is what You make it and you always have a choice.

Look, so many choices.





4)Some things are better left unsaid.


I start yawning when you start to speak.




5)Don't be funny all the time. Be serious at least sometimes.



I visit the hospital whenever I have a SERIOUS health problem.











   

6)I turn into a counselor after a few drinks.





7)It does not matter if people think you are a dolt.If being a dolt makes you happy, go ahead be a dolt.



This character is a certified dolt.




A dolt who thinks he can sing and act, but at least he is happy.


8)Analyzing anything more times than necessary leads to confusion, so just do it.






 9)When you want something, go for it irrespective of what anyone thinks or says.


You want to do  what?


10)If someone bugs you , tell that to them on their face.











 11)Holding a grudge is like allowing someone to live in your head without rent.It is just not worth it.
                                                Live in my mind for free, free, free.


 12)Failing does not mean its over, it just means you will take a little more time.

 A slow train takes more time but one does reach the destination.

  
12) If you find someone who has the same wavelength as you do,time flies.
Is it 5 already?

Old monk in the case of me and my friends.

Same wavelength (lamda= lamda)


13)It is mandatory to have fun once in a while.

Let yourself go.

14)Everyone fails sometimes in their life, it is a pity that educationists don't get it.
 
At least he won't die by committing suicide.







                                 Always gets interrupted by the hero, but still keeps trying.


















And last but not the least, I am thankful to all my friends and I had a blast working here.

No comments:

Post a Comment